public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Red Hat Databse 3.0 in RH 9.0
@ 2003-05-21 15:25 Benilton de Sa Carvalho
From: Benilton de Sa Carvalho @ 2003-05-21 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hi all (again),

I'm trying to run the "Sample Application for PHP and Red Hat Database"
available at
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/database/database_php/sample.html

Did any of you have success running this sample on a Red Hat 9 box?

I fill the fields and submit the form. It returns me a message asking to
fill the name field (but I filled that!).

When I try to run the listmembers.php, it says it's impossible to connect
to PostgreSQL (which is running). First, it says the user "apache" doesn't
exist. Then I put an existing user and it says that the conection was
closed suddenly.

Can you help me on this?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Benilton

* Re: Red Hat Databse 3.0 in RH 9.0
@ 2003-05-22 16:16 ` Deepak Bhole
From: Deepak Bhole @ 2003-05-22 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benilton de Sa Carvalho; +Cc: rhdb

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 11:24, Benilton de Sa Carvalho wrote:
> Hi all (again),
>
> I'm trying to run the "Sample Application for PHP and Red Hat Database"
> available at
> http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/database/database_php/sample.html
>
> Did any of you have success running this sample on a Red Hat 9 box?
>
> I fill the fields and submit the form. It returns me a message asking to
> fill the name field (but I filled that!).
>
> When I try to run the listmembers.php, it says it's impossible to connect
> to PostgreSQL (which is running). First, it says the user "apache" doesn't
> exist. Then I put an existing user and it says that the conection was
> closed suddenly.
>
> Can you help me on this?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Benilton

Hi Benilton,

I tried the example on the Red Hat page you mentioned and it worked
correctly. Could you please post the exact error(s) you get (with the
line number in the php file)?

Regards,
Deepak

--
Deepak Bhole <dbhole@redhat.com>
Red Hat Canada Ltd.

* Re: Red Hat Databse 3.0 in RH 9.0
@ 2003-05-23 13:09   ` Benilton de Sa Carvalho
From: Benilton de Sa Carvalho @ 2003-05-23 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak Bhole; +Cc: rhdb

The first error I get is:

PLEASE FILL IN YOUR NAME.

when I click Submit button.

For a reason that I don't know, the reguser.php doesn't get the variables
values.

The second error is when I try listmembers.php:

Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: user
"apache" does not exist in /var/www/html/listmembers.php on line 20
Could not establish connection.

Then I changed the user name in listmembers.php to postgres (first with
and last without password), and the error was:

Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server
closed conection in /var/www/html/listmembers2.php on line 20
Could not establish connection.

But, if I put the following lines in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
local   all         all                                             trust
host     all         all           0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0         trust

and change the pg_connect() line to

pg_connect("dbname=sample port=5432 user=postgres password=postgres")

it works...