public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Fedora Install of RHDB
@ 2004-01-29 14:28 John Allgood
From: John Allgood @ 2004-01-29 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

I have installed RHDB on Fedora Core 1 with all the updates applied.
When the installer run it reports back that 7.3.4-11 is already
installed. Is the postgres version on the cd different that what is
already installed. Or has rhdb postgres edition been pushed out to the
yum  or apt repositories. Just curios if I need to remove this version
or just install the rhdb tools.

Thanks

John Allgood
Systems Admin -ESC
770.535.5049

* Re: Fedora Install of RHDB
@ 2004-01-29 15:17 ` David Jee
From: David Jee @ 2004-01-29 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 09:28, John Allgood wrote:
> I have installed RHDB on Fedora Core 1 with all the updates applied.
> When the installer run it reports back that 7.3.4-11 is already
> installed. Is the postgres version on the cd different that what is
> already installed. Or has rhdb postgres edition been pushed out to the
> yum  or apt repositories. Just curios if I need to remove this version
> or just install the rhdb tools.

We pushed out the rh-postgresql-*-7.3.4-11 packages for Fedora Core 1 a
few months back, without the "rh-" prefix on the RPMs.  These are the
same packages that are included on the RHDB 3.0 ISO, so you don't need
to remove them if you already have them installed.  The rhdb tools that
are included on the ISO should work with these packages.

-David Jee