public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* create table with rhdb-admin
@ 2004-11-25 16:48 Daniel Chénard
From: Daniel Chénard @ 2004-11-25 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Just a question,

Is this normal than I can't create table on a database with rhdb-admin??

--
Daniel Chénard
SysAdmin Unix

PS: The Light at the End of The Tunnel
     will be turned off until further
     notice due to budget cutbacks.
                             --The Management

* Re: create table with rhdb-admin
@ 2004-11-25 18:00 ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2004-11-25 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel 翽; +Cc: rhdb

Hi Daniel,

This is not normal, but you may want to check the permission for
creating table on that particular database with the particular user.

Cheers,
Permaine

@ 2004-11-25 18:09   ` Daniel Chénard
From: Daniel Chénard @ 2004-11-25 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Permaine Cheung; +Cc: rhdb

Is this feature will be available for a next version?

I just ask and probably my dba will ask me some other feature too.

@ 2004-11-25 18:14     ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2004-11-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel �; +Cc: Permaine Cheung, rhdb

Daniel,

You can create tables in an existing database using rhdb-admin.

Did you check the documentation (as you have not stated why you
are failing).

Cheers,
Patrick

@ 2004-11-25 18:18     ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2004-11-25 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel 翽; +Cc: rhdb

Acutally, I think the create table option should be grayed out if the
user doesn't have the permission to create table on that database. This
is working as design in the current version. Please check the
documentation for further info.

Permaine

@ 2004-11-25 19:09 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2004-11-25 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel �; +Cc: rhdb

Daniel Chénard wrote:
> Just a question,
>
> Is this normal than I can't create table on a database with rhdb-admin??

If the user you have connected with has the privilege, then you can
create tables with the rhdb-admin GUI or with the command line psql utility.

If the user you have connected with does not have that privilege, then
you cannot create the table neither with GUI or the command line.

It is not the tool, it is a question of the user have permission to do
the operation or not.

What is the user you've used to connect?

Regards,
Fernando