public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Redhat Database 3.0
@ 2003-11-05 15:09 John Allgood
From: John Allgood @ 2003-11-05 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hello

	I am anxiously awaiting RedHat Database 3.0. What is the release
date for this. We are currently in development with postgres and using
Redhat Database 2.1 and would like to move to postgres version 7.3.4. Also I
noticed on the betas of Redhat AS 3.0 that there is a version of Redhat
Database on that release. And which version of the database was on there.
Will the Redhat Database 3.0 run on Redhat AS.

Thanks

John Allgood - ESC
Systems Administrator

2251 Old Cornelia Hwy
Gainesville, Ga. 30507
770.535.5049

* Re: Redhat Database 3.0
@ 2003-11-05 15:29 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-11-05 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

John,

Thanks for using RHDB.  PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition is supported only on
RHEL 3 and will not be backported to AS 2.1.  However, the source rpms will
be freely available and you can rebuild on whatever platform you wish.  It
should also be noted that the PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition Graphical Tools
are all (now) written in Java. All I can say for a release date is "soon".

Cheers,
Patrick

John Allgood wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	I am anxiously awaiting RedHat Database 3.0. What is the release
> date for this. We are currently in development with postgres and using
> Redhat Database 2.1 and would like to move to postgres version 7.3.4. Also I
> noticed on the betas of Redhat AS 3.0 that there is a version of Redhat
> Database on that release. And which version of the database was on there.
> Will the Redhat Database 3.0 run on Redhat AS.
>
> Thanks
>
> John Allgood - ESC
> Systems Administrator
>
> 2251 Old Cornelia Hwy
> Gainesville, Ga. 30507
> 770.535.5049

* Re: Redhat Database 3.0
@ 2004-01-08 16:40 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2004-01-08 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

We're just putting finishing touches on the readme / release notes.
We'll post a note on rhdb-announce when it's available for download.
It should be no later than end of next week.

PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition is already available if you have an
RHEL 3 installation (via the Extras channel).

Cheers,
Patrick

John Allgood wrote:
> Hello
>
>    I have looked at the new tools for Redhat Database 3.0. The
> control-panel, admin and visual explain tools are real nice. I look
> forward to when the the Database is released. Is there a date for this
> release yet? I have asked this question before just a little anxious.
> Since the will be our primary database platform.
>
> Thanks

* Redhat Database 3.0
@ 2004-01-07 19:51 John Allgood
From: John Allgood @ 2004-01-07 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

@ 2003-10-06 13:49 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-10-06 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

By the end of the October and it will contain an enhanced PostgreSQL 7.3.4
base.

John Allgood wrote:
> Hello
>
> Has there been a release date set for the next version of Redhat Database
> and which version of Postgres will be implemented.
>
> Thanks
>
> John Allgood - ESC
> Systems Administrator
>
> 2251 Old Cornelia Hwy