public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Re: About postgresql-dump
@ 2002-07-17  7:05 Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2002-07-17  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mikezang; +Cc: rhdb

Hi Zhengrong,

The utility that you are looking for is pg_dump, you can
find the location of that utility by issuing the following command:
which pg_dump

Since the postgresql version has been upgraded from
7.1 to 7.2 with the OS upgrade, you'll need to dump
and restore the data by using pg_dump. There are man
pages that describe the different options for pg_dump
that you may find helpful.

Cheers,
Permaine

Doesn
> anyone help me?
>
> Zhengrong

* Re: About postgresql-dump
@ 2002-07-17  7:17 ` Justin Clift
From: Justin Clift @ 2002-07-17  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Permaine Cheung; +Cc: mikezang, rhdb

Hi Permaine,

Although pg_dump is the generic database dumping utility, you really
need to use pg_dumpall when doing a complete database migration.

pg_dumpall also dumps out the user and group information for the
database(s) which pg_dump by itself doesn't.

Hope that's useful.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Permaine Cheung wrote:

> Hi Zhengrong,
>
> The utility that you are looking for is pg_dump, you can
> find the location of that utility by issuing the following command:
> which pg_dump
>
> Since the postgresql version has been upgraded from
> 7.1 to 7.2 with the OS upgrade, you'll need to dump
> and restore the data by using pg_dump. There are man
> pages that describe the different options for pg_dump
> that you may find helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> Permaine

   - Indira Gandhi

* About postgresql-dump
@ 2002-07-17  1:27 mikezang
From: mikezang @ 2002-07-17  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

I upgraded RH7.2 to 73, but I forgot to dump database, so that I need
postgesql-dump to do it, I couldn't find that utility even if I installed
all packages of postgresql 7.2, including posthesql-server and so on.
Now my postgresql can't executed, I have to upgrade database offline, Doesn
anyone help me?

Zhengrong

Yahoo! BB is Broadband by Yahoo!
http://bb.yahoo.co.jp/