public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Visual Explain diagram export ?
@ 2003-02-04  9:36 Laurent Lardinois
From: Laurent Lardinois @ 2003-02-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hello,

Visual Explain is a great tool.

I would like to have the ability to save the generated diagram to a picture file in order to include
it in a documentation (It's always interesting to compare the theorical design and the implemented
design of an application).

The only way i found is to do a screen snapshot, but it's not really convenient for bigger diagrams.

So is there a way to export the canvas to a standard file  (bitmap or vectorial) ?

Or do you plan to add an export menu in next releases ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Laurent Lardinois

* Re: Visual Explain diagram export ?
@ 2003-02-04 14:16 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-02-04 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Lardinois; +Cc: rhdb

Laurent Lardinois wrote:

> So is there a way to export the canvas to a standard file  (bitmap or vectorial) ?

At the moment, Visual Explain does not support this functionality.  It's
an interesting idea but beyond the current scope of the tool.

> Or do you plan to add an export menu in next releases ?

The next release contains a save facility but it only saves plan information
which can then be fed back into the tool to render the tree.  We have no plans
at the moment to allow users to export the canvas natively.  We'll add it to the
list of requests for future releases though.

Cheers,
Patrick