public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* FW: Clustering
@ 2003-06-03 21:01 John Allgood
From: John Allgood @ 2003-06-03 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

-----Original Message-----
From: John Allgood [mailto:john@turbocorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:00 PM
To: rhdb@sources.redhat
Subject: Clustering

Hello
	We are currently porting our database application to Postgres Redhat
Edition. My question is what options are available to me to have a fail over
machine. Does the database work with clustering technologies or is there
something build into to Postgres that will give  me that functionality. I am
patiently waiting on roll-forward recovery.

Thanks

John R. Allgood - Systems Admin
Enhanced Solutions Computing
2251 Old Cornelia Hwy.
Gainesville, GA 30507
770.535.5049
john@turbocorp.com

* Re: FW: Clustering
@ 2003-06-04 18:03 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-06-04 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

John,

One solution to your situation is replication.  There is the rserv
contrib package in the PostgreSQL distro which may be of help (but
we have never used it).  Check the PostgreSQL techdocs site for more
information on replication solutions.

I'm still working on roll-forward recovery but have not be able
to allocate as much time as I would like (and need).  When it's
available, it will be another valid solution to your problem.

Cheers,
Patrick

John Allgood wrote:

> [...]

* RE: FW: Clustering
@ 2003-06-04 18:54   ` John Allgood
From: John Allgood @ 2003-06-04 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Macdonald; +Cc: rhdb

Thanks for the response. When is the next version of Redhat DB coming out
and which version of postgresql will be used.

John Allgood wrote:

> [...]

believed to be clean.
Mailscanner thanks Turbo Logistics for their support.

* Re: FW: Clustering
@ 2003-06-04 19:09     ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-06-04 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Allgood; +Cc: rhdb

The next version of PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition should be available next
month.  This new version will contain an enhanced version of PostgreSQL 7.3.3
and the latest version of the Graphical Tools Suite (Administrator, Visual
Explain and Control Center).

Cheers,
Patrick