public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* RHDB 3.0 on RHEL ES 3.0
@ 2004-01-26 11:52 raxx raxx
From: raxx raxx @ 2004-01-26 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hello,

Is this possible to install  PostgreSQL RedHat Edition 3.0 on RedHat
Enterprise Edition ES 3. 0 ?

Im using the ISO image for RHDB 3.0 but it does not install on RHEL
3.0.(Wrong OS Exception)
Should I use RedHat 9.0 instead  or try some kind of manual installing ?

Thank you in advance!
Roman

* Re: RHDB 3.0 on RHEL ES 3.0
@ 2004-01-26 14:43 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2004-01-26 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raxx raxx; +Cc: rhdb

raxx raxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this possible to install  PostgreSQL RedHat Edition 3.0 on RedHat
> Enterprise Edition ES 3. 0 ?
>
> Im using the ISO image for RHDB 3.0 but it does not install on RHEL
> 3.0.(Wrong OS Exception)
> Should I use RedHat 9.0 instead  or try some kind of manual installing ?

We didn't put intall images for RHEL 3 on the ISO because PostgreSQL -
Red Hat Edition is available through RHN for that OS.  It's on the
RHEL 3 Extras channel.

Cheers,
Patrick

* RE: RHDB 3.0 on RHEL ES 3.0
@ 2004-01-28 13:02   ` jtaaribi
From: jtaaribi @ 2004-01-28 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Macdonald, raxx raxx; +Cc: rhdb

 According to
https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/channels/packages.pxt?cid=1188&r=460
030
 the Extra CD for RHEL 3.0 has 23 packages about RHDB, IBM Java, BEA
WebLogic JRockit,
mysql and rh-postgresql

 I have downloaded the ISO image, and it only has 3 packages:
IBMJava2-JRE-1.4.1-8:1, IBMJava2-SDK-1.4.1-9:1, jrockit-j2se-8.1.1.1-2.

 RHDB packages are not in disc1 of Update 1 either.

 Really, Where are RHDB packages?

 Regards,

 Inaki

@ 2004-01-28 14:01     ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2004-01-28 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jtaaribi; +Cc: Patrick Macdonald, raxx raxx, rhdb

Sorry, you can easily install it from Red Hat Network.  See below:

 From Patrick:
"We didn't put install images for RHEL 3 on the ISO because PostgreSQL -
Red Hat Edition is available through RHN for that OS.  It's on the
RHEL 3 Extras channel."

Regards,
Fernando

--