public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* RHDB consulting support?
@ 2005-03-12  1:03 Matt Magoffin
From: Matt Magoffin @ 2005-03-12  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hello,

I am beginning work on implementing a PostgreSQL-backed application
running on RHEL 3, and am looking to implement a high-availability
system with multi-master database replication. My question is: does
RedHat offer any consulting services for installing and configuring
such an environment using RHDB or even “regular” PostgreSQL? I know
there are many consulting companies listed from the PostgreSQL website
that offer such service, but I am curious if RedHat might offer such
service.

If there is a better place for me to ask this type of question, I
apologize and please let me know that location.

Thank you,
Matt Magoffin

* Re: RHDB consulting support?
@ 2005-03-14 13:58 ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2005-03-14 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Magoffin; +Cc: rhdb

Hello Matt,

Red Hat is no longer supporting RHDB but we still distribute
vanilla PostgreSQL in our Linux offerings.  The best place to
ask a question like this would be on the PostgreSQL mailing
lists, probably General (http://www.postgresql.org).  As you
mention, there are companies offering support / consulting so
I'm sure you'll get a few responses.

Cheers,
Patrick