public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* RHDB 2.1 Problems
@ 2003-04-07 21:13 Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC
From: Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC @ 2003-04-07 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Ladies & Gentlemen:

After a recent install of RHDB 2.1, I am unable to access the database I
created in postgresql.  Can you please provide some guidance?

Best Regards,

Bryan O'Neill

* Re: RHDB 2.1 Problems
@ 2003-04-07 21:51 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2003-04-07 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC; +Cc: rhdb

Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC wrote:
> Ladies & Gentlemen:
>

> After a recent install of RHDB 2.1, I am unable to access the database I
> created in postgresql.  Can you please provide some guidance?

We need some more details.  How are you trying to connect and what was the
message that was issued?

Is the server running on the same machine or on a different one?

Mind that TCP/IP access is disabled by default for security reasons.  On the
same machine UNIX sockets will be used and this is not a problem, but if the
server is remote you need to enable TCP/IP connections.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

* RE: RHDB 2.1 Problems
@ 2003-04-11 21:09 ` Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC
From: Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC @ 2003-04-11 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for putting me in the very capable hands of Mr. Fernando
Nasser, RH, Toronto, fnasser@redhat.com.  He was extremely helpful and
knowledgeable in fixing the RHDB 2.1 issue and educating me on the
associated and upcoming RH products.
I've been working with MS products for years and look forward to
transitioning to RedHat products and away from Mr. Gates' totalitarian MS
s/w plans.  Btw, I found the RH people at your 800 telephone numbers (sales
mainly) to be totally useless and unavailible for this issue.

I wish all technical help could be like Mr. Nasser!

Thanks & Cheers!
Bryan O'Neill
O & R Digitel, LLC
President

@ 2003-04-14 13:44   ` Patrick Macdonald
From: Patrick Macdonald @ 2003-04-14 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC; +Cc: rhdb

Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC wrote:

> Btw, I found the RH people at your 800 telephone numbers (sales
> mainly) to be totally useless and unavailible for this issue.

Hi Bryan,

The Red Hat Database product was end-of-life'd last year and is no
longer supported by Red Hat.  However, questions and concerns are
still addressed by the development team at rhdb@sources.redhat.com.

The former RHDB development team is currently working on the
PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition project.

Cheers,
Patrick