public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-02-25 11:42 avezzaro
From: avezzaro @ 2003-02-25 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hi, I've the same problam as Lachlan Evans and I read Permaine Cheung
answer.

When I downloaded RHDB iso image I also found this file: MD5SUM

Is it the PGP key you refer?
If not where can I find the good one?
How can I import It in the iso?

Thank you,

Augusto Vezzaro

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-02-25 15:22 ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2003-02-25 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avezzaro; +Cc: rhdb

avezzaro@ais.it wrote:

> Hi, I've the same problam as Lachlan Evans and I read Permaine Cheung
> answer.
>
> When I downloaded RHDB iso image I also found this file: MD5SUM
>
> Is it the PGP key you refer?
> If not where can I find the good one?
> How can I import It in the iso?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Augusto Vezzaro

Hi Augusto,

The PGP key is actually in the iso, there is a file called
RPM-GPG-KEY in the top directory, that's the PGP key.
You can import it by:
rpm --import <directory_with_key>/RPM-GPG-KEY
More info on package signature can be found at:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/s1-check-rpm-sig.html

Cheers,
Permaine

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-02-04 18:13 Rommel the iCeMAn
From: Rommel the iCeMAn @ 2003-02-04 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

> Actually, Permaine is a woman :)

oh boy!!!! i'm really off today!!! rrrrrrrrrreally off!!! :-)))))))

 my apologies :-)))))
Rommel the iCeMAn
Computer Programmer
Barbados, Caribbean.

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-02-04 17:23       ` Rommel the iCeMAn
From: Rommel the iCeMAn @ 2003-02-04 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Permaine! yeh that was his name ... I also subscribe to a Toyota Celica
Alltrac (2.0 turbo 4WD) group/mailing list on Yahoo, there's a guy with a
similar name there. Sorry about the mixup :-)

Rommel the iCeMAn
Computer Programmer
Barbados, Caribbean.

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-02-04 17:04     ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2003-02-04 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dnewberger, rhdb

I guess that is what you are looking for:

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2003-01-02 15:30   ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2003-01-02 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lachlan Evans, rhdb

@ 2002-12-29 17:53   ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2002-12-29 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rommel the iCeMAn; +Cc: rhdb

Rommel the iCeMAn wrote:

>hi,
> same stuff happened to me! i had to manually install each rpm under the RHL
>8.0 folder. They have their dependencies so during each installation they
>would ask for other files, some of which i had, some i downloaded from
>rpmfind.net. it's gonna be a tedious job and i can offer no more details
>because i did not take notes of what i did :-(
>
>good luck,
>Rommel the iCeMAn,
>Barbados, Caribbean.

Hi,

Hopefully, by importing the gpg key, your problem will go away as well.
As for the dependencies, you can either find it in our iso, otherwise, you
should be able to get it throught Red Hat Network, which is probably
the easiest way to find them.

Cheers,
Permaine

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2002-12-29 17:49 ` Permaine Cheung
From: Permaine Cheung @ 2002-12-29 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lachlan Evans; +Cc: rhdb

Lachlan Evans wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having an awful lot of trouble getting RHDB 2.1 to install on a
>clean RHL 8.0 install.  I really can't work out what's going wrong,
>because the error messages aren't exactly all the helpful.
>
>I get the same message I do in text mode, that I do in graphical, I just
>used the text mode installation method so I'm able to show exactly what
>it is I'm doing via e-mail.
>
>Here goes:
>
>[root@chopper cdrom]# ./Install -text
>Red Hat Linux 8.0 detected; running installer...
>Tclish-text Installer, (c) 2001, 2002 Red Hat Inc.
>Portions Copyright (c) 1998, 1999, 2000 by The Tcl/Tk Consortium
>
>This installer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
>see the file LICENSE.TXT. This is free software, and you are
>welcome to redistribute it under the terms of the included
>license.

>Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Red Hat Inc.
>
>Error in package 'rh-postgresql': This package includes the client
>programs
>that you will need to access a PostgreSQL server. These client programs
>can be
>located on the same machine as the PostgreSQL server or on a remote
>machine
>that accesses the PostgreSQL server over a network connection. This
>package
>also contains the PostgreSQL Global Development Group's complete
>documentation
>in HTML format as well as command-line utilities for managing databases
>on
>PostgreSQL servers. If you want to manipulate a PostgreSQL database on a
>remote PostgreSQL server, you need this package.warning:
>packages/rh-postgresql-7.2.3-1_rhl80.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
>key ID
>db42a60e
>
>[ Press ENTER to continue ]
>
>[root@chopper cdrom]#
>
>It really does not mean a lot to mean, I'm hoping someone might be able
>to clue me up, maybe I'm just being stupid, I have however tried this on
>several machines, with exactly the same result every time.
>
>Any help is muchly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Lachlan Evans

Hi Lachlan,

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, however, I suspect
you need to install the appropriate key to verify the signature,
please try to import the PGP key in the iso, and then install
again. Hopefully, that will solve  the problem.

Cheers,
Permaine

* Re: RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0
@ 2002-12-27  4:54 ` Rommel the iCeMAn
From: Rommel the iCeMAn @ 2002-12-27  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

hi,
 same stuff happened to me! i had to manually install each rpm under the RHL
8.0 folder. They have their dependencies so during each installation they
would ask for other files, some of which i had, some i downloaded from
rpmfind.net. it's gonna be a tedious job and i can offer no more details
because i did not take notes of what i did :-(

good luck,
Rommel the iCeMAn,
Barbados, Caribbean.

* RHDB 2.1 and RHL 8.0