public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* Re: Tomcat + gcj + LinuxPPC ?
       [not found]   ` <4.2.2.20010920115353.00a34820@hola.hospvd.ch>
@ 2001-09-20 15:17     ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2001-09-20 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomcat-user; +Cc: rhug-rhats

Franck wrote:
> 1) Is there a quickstart howto or any kind of documentation somewhere to
> get me on the track ?

No, not yet.  There is a mailing list for questions (CC'd -
rhug-rhats@sources.redhat.com, it's also archived on the web).  I'll try to
put something together in the next couple of days.

> 2) Would gcj-3.0 1:3.0.2-0pre010908 be new enough ? (there is a .deb for it
> that would make it easier for me) ?

Unfortunately not.  This is bleeding edge stuff, and requires the very latest
CVS sources for GCC (what will eventually become 3.1).  Follow these
instructions for building...
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/build-snapshot.html

We're fixing runtime and compiler bugs as they are discovered, but I'm very
happy with what's working today.

AG

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-20 15:17 UTC | newest]