public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* PostgreSQL jdbc drivers + gcj
@ 2001-10-09 23:32 Anthony Green
       [not found] ` <3BC3F52F.7030400@firsthop.com>
From: Anthony Green @ 2001-10-09 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats, Java@Gcc. Gnu. Org

FYI, I've just added PostgreSQL jdbc drivers to rhug
( http://sources.redhat.com/rhug ).

They appear to work well.  I've been writing javascript scripts using them to
access internal databases here at Red Hat with some success.

AG

* Re: PostgreSQL jdbc drivers + gcj
       [not found] ` <3BC3F52F.7030400@firsthop.com>
@ 2001-10-10  1:23   ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2001-10-10  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Rüger; +Cc: java, rhug-rhats

Torsten wrote:
> Are you saying this all works. I mean it's tested, doesn't just compile ?
>
> That would be great news, because we're using a fair few of those, and I
> was just about to test.

I think most of these work pretty well.  For tomcat, servlets work but JSP
pages don't right now.  That will take a little hacking of the tomcat code
because there are too many built in assumptions about the compiler generating
.class files, etc.

I feel somewhat confident about xerces, xalan, bsf, rhino, pgsql-jdbc, bcel,
cup and the regexp packages (which have test suites).  Actually, xalan uses
many of these (xerces, bsf, rhino, bcel, cup), and it appears to work pretty
well.  Much of the Bouncy Castle JCE stuff passes its testsuite.  I expect the
failures are bugs in our library code (BigInteger, or SecureRandom, or ???).

The next major project is to hook all of the various testsuites into "make
check".  It currently builds verious test programs with "make check", but I'd
like them to actually be run and have their results checked.   I don't know if
I'll be able to do this any time soon, so help is appreciated!

Be aware that you'll need the very latest development version of GCC (from
CVS) in order build and run this stuff.

@ 2001-10-10  9:43     ` Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2001-10-10  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Green; +Cc: Torsten Rüger, java, rhug-rhats

Anthony Green writes:

> The next major project is to hook all of the various testsuites into
> "make check".  It currently builds verious test programs with "make
> check", but I'd like them to actually be run and have their results
> checked.

I was looking into getting some testing done for jakarta-oro. There
are examples that can be ran with input and checked for
results. Though tedious to set up, it's better than nothing.

jakarta-log4j is using junit. Junit builds fine but invoking still
needs some work, as it works by loading class files describing how the
tests are conducted.

./A

* WebMacro and Jetty
       [not found] ` <3BC3F52F.7030400@firsthop.com>
@ 2001-10-29  4:36 ` Torsten Rüger
From: Torsten Rüger @ 2001-10-29  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats; +Cc: Anthony Green

Moi,

I've had a little side project going, to see if I could port my web-app
to gcj.  I finally managed, but my company won't be using the outcome.

So if anyone is interested in using WebMacro + Jetty combination (or
seperately) I have compiling + working versions of both.

For those who don't know:
-- WebMacro is a template engine which has a simple scripting language
and a very powerful introspection engine to map the script to java
functions/attributes.
-- Jetty is an WebServer/Servlet/JSP implementation.

Both work quite nicely, and are GPL'd. But the're not lightning fast.
Anyway if you're interested, give me a mail, I can send the stuff
tomorrow, or in three weeks (after my holiday)

Cheers
	Torsten

* Re: WebMacro and Jetty
@ 2001-10-30 13:54   ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2001-10-30 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Rüger, rhug-rhats

Torsten wrote:
> Both work quite nicely, and are GPL'd. But the're not lightning fast.
> Anyway if you're interested, give me a mail, I can send the stuff
> tomorrow, or in three weeks (after my holiday)

Yes,  I'd definitely like to see Jetty running.

AG