public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* New package proposal: Apache POI
@ 2002-06-29 14:10 T.J. Mather
From: T.J. Mather @ 2002-06-29 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I'm interested in contributing a new addition to the rhug collection -
the Apache POI library for reading and writing Microsoft Office documents.

Apache POI is open source and licensed under the Apache license.  Once
this is built under GCJ, I would like to write some KOffice filters for
MSOffice formats.  KOffice is written in C++, so we need to be able to
invoke the Java POI code from C++.  One of the nice features about GCJ
3.1 is the ability to invoke Java code from C++[1], hence the interest
in GCJ and adding this project to rhug.

-TJ

[1] - http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.1/gcj/Invocation.html#Invocation

* Re: New package proposal: Apache POI
@ 2002-07-01 17:46 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2002-07-01 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.J. Mather; +Cc: rhug-rhats

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 15:00, T.J. Mather wrote:
> I'm interested in contributing a new addition to the rhug collection -
> the Apache POI library for reading and writing Microsoft Office documents.

Sounds great.  I'm a little familiar with POI, and think it would be a
good addition.  We need to set you up with an account on sources.  Go to
http://sources.redhat.com.  Look for "In need cvs write access for XYZ?"
and fill out the form.

Thanks!

AG