public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* rhug RPMS available
@ 2002-07-11  9:55 Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2002-07-11  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats; +Cc: java

Now that libgcj 3.1 RPMS available for Red Hat Linux, I've placed my
first rhug RPMS up for ftp...

	ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/rhug/RPMS/i386
and	ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/rhug/SRPMS

I used Red Hat Network and up2date to get libgcj3, however I think it is
also available via rpmfind.net and other sources.

These are some of my first RPMS, so comments would be appreciated.  The
spec files are checked into cvs.  I used "make dist" to generate
tarballs, and then "rpm -ta rhug-foo.tar.gz" to build the RPMS.

These first RPMS are for gnu.readline, rhino (the Mozilla javascript
interpreter), and the postgresql jdbc driver.

This is enough to do some database scripting...

---- cut here ----------------------
#!/usr/bin/js

user = "myname";
pass = "mypassword";
driver = "org.postgresql.Driver";
url = "jdbc:postgresql://myserver.foo.com/mydb";

// Set up the postgresql jdbc driver.
java.sql.DriverManager.registerDriver (java.lang.Class.forName (driver).newInstance());

// Establish a connection...
con = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, pass);

// Prepare and execute the query
pstmt = con.prepareStatement ("SELECT name FROM people");
rset = pstmt.executeQuery();

// Report the results
rset.first();
while (! rset.isAfterLast())
{
  print (rset.getString(1));
  rset.next();
}

// Close everything
rset.close();
con.close();

AG

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-11 16:55 UTC | newest]