public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
From: Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
To: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@myrealbox.com>
Cc: rhug-rhats@sources.redhat.com, aoliva@redhat.co
Subject: Re: [jakarta-servletapi]: libtool problems
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 06:44:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 06:20, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> Ok, I guess I should fess up to the fact that I'm trying to build it on
> your sister project, Cygwin.  I take it, then, that the problem lies in
> libtool?

Not necessarily.   gcj builds object files out of property files with
the --resource flag.  libtool doesn't know how to do this, so I haven't
been using the regular libtool build mechanisms.  This makes libtool
complain that it's linking libtool and non-libtool object files together
-- but like I said, it's just a warning under Linux.  I've CC'd Alex
Oliva in case he has any ideas.  Teaching libtool about gcj resource
files will probably be hard.  Perhaps we could fake it out by generating
.lo files on our own...

AG