public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* segfault when running ant
@ 2003-11-28 11:42 Noa Resare
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Noa Resare @ 2003-11-28 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

Yesterday i recompiled the naoko SRPMS on Fedora Core 1, and was able to
enjoy the insane speed increase when using the resulting ant binary to
build small ant projects.

Howerver, when i try to do the same thing today ant dies with a
segfault. How do I investigate this further. Running 'gdb ant' gives the
following output:

Starting program: /usr/bin/ant
[New Thread -1084473216 (LWP 4823)]

[Switching to Thread -1084473216 (LWP 4823)]
0x00751ada in
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XSDDescription.equals(java.lang.Object)
    (this=@6811c02, descObj=@bf37d8a0)
    at upstream/src/org/apache/xerces/impl/xs/XSDDescription.java:226
226         public boolean equals(Object descObj) {
Current language:  auto; currently java

To my knowledge, nothing has changed on the system.

How should I go about debugging this?

cheers/noa

ps. I have no previous experience using gcj, so segfaults from java code
is a new thing to me.