public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* Re: rhug checklinkages
       [not found] <20030206180141.14899.qmail@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2003-02-06 18:05 ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-02-06 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

gary@sources.redhat.com wrote:
> Script to check that libraries are linked correctly, following the
> premise that if you have a pair of libraries lib-org-foo.so and
> lib-org-bar.so, both compiled from Java code, that lib-org-foo.so
> should be created with -l-org-bar IF AND ONLY IF lib-org-foo imports
> something (directly or indirectly) from the package 'org.bar'.
>
> This script only finds direct imports and will miss things loaded by,
> for example, Class.forName(), so it's output should be taken with a
> pinch of salt.

Output attached for those without a new enough Python.  I'm going to
correct the packages that I've been working on but I'll not touch the
rest -- I don't want to trash them for anyone ;)

Cheers,
Gary

[ gary@inauspicious.org ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]

[-- Attachment #2: report --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 5272 bytes --]

 Package: bsf
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-com-ibm-bsf-engines-javascript.la    -l-com-ibm-bsf               Add

 Package: commons-digester
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-apache-commons-digester.la       -l-org-xml-sax               Add

 Package: cup
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-java_cup.la                          -l-java_cup-runtime          Add

 Package: jakarta-ant
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-apache-tools.la                  -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-tools.la                  -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-tools.la                  -l-org-apache-xerces         Remove

 Package: jakarta-log4j
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-apache-log4j.la                  -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-log4j.la                  -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-log4j.la                  -l-org-apache-xerces         Remove

 Package: jakarta-tomcat-4
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-apache-coyote.la                 -l-org-apache-tomcat-util    Add
 lib-org-apache-catalina.la               -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-catalina.la               -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-jasper.la                 -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-jasper.la                 -l-org-xml-sax               Add

 Package: xalan
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-w3c-dom-stylesheets.la           -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-javax-xml-transform       Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-javax-xml-parsers         Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-org-apache-xml            Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xpath.la                  -l-org-apache-xalan          Add
 lib-javax-xml-transform.la               -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-javax-xml-transform.la               -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xalan.la                  -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-xalan.la                  -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xalan.la                  -l-org-apache-xml-serialize  Remove
 lib-org-apache-xalan.la                  -l-org-apache-xerces         Remove
 lib-org-apache-xalan-xsltc.la            -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-xalan-xsltc.la            -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xalan-xsltc.la            -l-org-apache-regexp         Remove
 lib-org-apache-xalan-xsltc.la            -l-java_cup                  Remove
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-javax-xml-transform       Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-org-apache-xalan          Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-org-apache-xpath          Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-javax-xml-parsers         Add
 lib-org-apache-xml.la                    -l-org-apache-xerces         Add
 lib-org-w3c-dom-css.la                   -l-org-w3c-dom-stylesheets   Add
 lib-org-w3c-dom-css.la                   -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-w3c-dom-css.la                   -l-org-apache-xerces         Remove

 Package: xerces
 Library                                  Flag                         Action
 lib-org-w3c-dom.la                       -l-org-apache-xerces         Add
 lib-org-apache-html.la                   -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-html.la                   -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-html.la                   -l-org-apache-xerces         Add
 lib-org-apache-xml-serialize.la          -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-org-apache-xml-serialize.la          -l-org-apache-xerces         Add
 lib-javax-xml-parsers.la                 -l-org-xml-sax               Add
 lib-javax-xml-parsers.la                 -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-wml.la                    -l-org-w3c-dom               Add
 lib-org-apache-wml.la                    -l-org-apache-xerces         Add

* Re: rhug checklinkages
@ 2003-02-07  7:32   ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2003-02-07  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Benson; +Cc: rhug-rhats

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:05, Gary Benson wrote:
> Output attached for those without a new enough Python.  I'm going to
> correct the packages that I've been working on but I'll not touch the
> rest -- I don't want to trash them for anyone ;)

This looks interesting.  Did you post the script?  I can't find it for
some reason.

Thanks!

AG

* Re: rhug checklinkages
@ 2003-02-07 10:14     ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-02-07 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

Anthony Green wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:05, Gary Benson wrote:
> > Output attached for those without a new enough Python.  I'm going
> > to correct the packages that I've been working on but I'll not
> > touch the rest -- I don't want to trash them for anyone ;)
>
> This looks interesting.  Did you post the script?  I can't find it
> for some reason.

It's in the root of the RHUG CVS tree, called checklinkages.  Or get it here:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/rhug/checklinkages?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=rhug

Cheers,
Gary

[ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]

* Xerces linkages
@ 2003-02-07 10:31       ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-02-07 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I noticed that all the libraries within the Xerces packages have -lgcj
in their LIBADD sections.  Why is this?  Should other packages have
this too, or is this something to work around the fact that some
libgcjs have org.xml.sax and org.w3c.dom in them?

Cheers,
Gary

[ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]

* Re: Xerces linkages
@ 2003-02-07 15:42         ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2003-02-07 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Benson; +Cc: rhug-rhats

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 02:31, Gary Benson wrote:
> I noticed that all the libraries within the Xerces packages have -lgcj
> in their LIBADD sections.  Why is this?

They can be removed.

Thanks,

AG