public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* moving rhug packages into Red Hat Linux?
@ 2003-07-21 19:57 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2003-07-21 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

Red Hat Linux is becoming the "Red Hat Linux project" - see rhl.redhat.com.

"One of the goals of The Red Hat Linux project is to encourage a pool of
high-quality add-on packages; if we're successful, there will be so many
we won't be able to support all of them."

Perhaps some of the rhug packages should be distributed as part of Red
Hat Linux?  Pick out a couple of popular or useful packages to start
with:  Ant, Tomcat, ecj ...  (Tomcat is bigger than ideal, but of course
it is very useful to provide it.)

There are a number of packaging issues to resolve, of course, which is
why it makes sense to start with a few simple packages to work out the
issues.

I'm personally interested in adding Kawa to Red Hat Linux, but we need
to standardize on packaging issues.
--
	--Per Bothner