public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* [naoko] New packages available
@ 2003-10-14 14:11 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-10-14 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I suppose I ought to announce when I put new Naoko packages up, so
here goes: I just updated the Naoko packages.

Naoko is a subset of the RHUG packages that have been repackaged for
eventual inclusion in Red Hat Linux, basically Ant, Tomcat, and their
dependencies.  The packages are built for Red Hat Linux 9 and are
available at http://people.redhat.com/gbenson/naoko/.

The most significant change is that Tomcat now uses it's classloader
heirachy, so classes and libraries (both jarfiles and solibs) placed
in /usr/share/tomcat/{common,shared,server} work as you would expect.
Other changes are that the sample webapps that come with Struts are
now included (in the struts-webapps rpm) and that Ant now comes with a
script to enable it to be run with a normal JVM.

Have fun!

Gary

[ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]

* [naoko] New packages available
@ 2003-11-06 10:39 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-11-06 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I just updated Naoko with a new Tomcat, which has the following
significant changes:

 * A bug which caused application reloading to fail has been fixed, so
   you can now use the manager webapp to reload applications.
 * JavaMail support is now included, so you can send email from your
   webapps.
 * There is a rudimentary testsuite.  You can run it by installing the
   tomcat-test package and executing /usr/share/tomcat/test/runtests.