public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-12 12:58 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-11-12 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I just updated Naoko again with a new ant package which has a load of
optional tasks built; it now has every task that we are able to build.

The new tasks are antlr, cab, cccheckin, cccheckout, ccmcheckin,
ccmcheckintask, ccmcheckout, ccmcreatetask, ccmreconfigure,
ccuncheckout, ccupdate, csc, depend, echoproperties, icontract, ilasm,
jarlib-available, jarlib-display, jarlib-manifest, javacc, jjtree,
jlink, jpcoverage, jpcovmerge, jpcovreport, jspc, maudit, mimemail,
mmetrics, mparse, propertyfile, pvcs, renameext, replaceregexp, rpm,
serverdeploy, setproxy, soscheckin, soscheckout, sosget, soslabel,
stylebook, test, translate, vssadd, vsscheckin, vsscheckout, vsscp,
vsscreate, vssget, vsshistory, vsslabel, wljspc, wsdltodotnet, and
xmlvalidate.

I also yumified the repository, so you can get the packages with yum.
I have no idea how, though ;)

Naoko is a subset of the RHUG packages that have been repackaged for
eventual inclusion in Red Hat Linux, basically Ant, Tomcat, and their
dependencies.  The packages are built for Red Hat Linux 9 and are
available at http://people.redhat.com/gbenson/naoko/.

Gary

[ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-12 15:04 ` Ray Auge
From: Ray Auge @ 2003-11-12 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 07:58, Gary Benson wrote:
> I also yumified the repository, so you can get the packages with yum.
> I have no idea how, though ;)
1)Does this mean that I can install these yumified packages in Yellow
Dog, unchanged, or are they still src rpms (meaning that I must build
them for PPC).

2)Have you ever build the whole set for PPC?

3)Against which version of gcj are you building, 3.3.1? Later?

4)If I get all the source rpms, what would be the quickest build
procedure for the whole set, ie. does the build work accross the set of
src rpms?

5)Do you think ..... j/k

Thanks much,
Your doing a fine job (just wish I could get this to work on PPC). ;)

Ray Auge

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-12 15:10   ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-11-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

Ray Auge wrote:
> Gary Benson wrote:
> > I also yumified the repository, so you can get the packages with
> > yum.  I have no idea how, though ;)
>
> 1)Does this mean that I can install these yumified packages in
> Yellow Dog, unchanged, or are they still src rpms (meaning that I
> must build them for PPC).
>
> 2)Have you ever build the whole set for PPC?

They are i386 rpms, though we do build PPC rpms.  You want me to make
them available?

> 3)Against which version of gcj are you building, 3.3.1? Later?

The one included.

> 4)If I get all the source rpms, what would be the quickest build
> procedure for the whole set, ie. does the build work accross the set
> of src rpms?
>
> 5)Do you think ..... j/k

I'm not sure what you mean by either of these...

Cheers,
Gary

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-12 17:41     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2003-11-12 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Benson; +Cc: rhug-list

>> 4)If I get all the source rpms, what would be the quickest build
>> procedure for the whole set, ie. does the build work accross the set
>> of src rpms?

Gary> I'm not sure what you mean by either of these...

I think he wants to know what order in which he should build the
SRPMs.  I thought there was a rebuild script in redhat-java-rpm-scripts,
but now I can't seem to find it.

Tom

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-12 20:01     ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2003-11-12 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Benson; +Cc: rhug-list

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 07:10, Gary Benson wrote:
> They are i386 rpms, though we do build PPC rpms.  You want me to make
> them available?

Aren't they 64-bit ppc?

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-13  9:50       ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-11-13  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

Anthony Green wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 07:10, Gary Benson wrote:
> > They are i386 rpms, though we do build PPC rpms.  You want me to
> > make them available?
>
> Aren't they 64-bit ppc?

I don't think so.  Their arch is 'ppc' not 'ppc64'.

Gary

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-13 10:10       ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2003-11-13 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> 4)If I get all the source rpms, what would be the quickest build
> >> procedure for the whole set, ie. does the build work accross the set
> >> of src rpms?
>
> Gary> I'm not sure what you mean by either of these...
>
> I think he wants to know what order in which he should build the
> SRPMs.  I thought there was a rebuild script in
> redhat-java-rpm-scripts, but now I can't seem to find it.

A good order is (redhat-java-rpm-scripts), junit, jaf, jakarta-regexp,
cup, xerces-j, commons-logging, commons-collections, servletapi,
javamail, bcel, commons-beanutils, commons-fileupload, xalan-j,
commons-digester, ant, mx4j, (mysql-jdbc), struts, commons-modeler and
tomcat.  Ones in brackets are noarch, so you can probably use the
existing binary packages without rebuilding.

Gary

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-13 21:58         ` Ray Auge
From: Ray Auge @ 2003-11-13 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

> They are i386 rpms, though we do build PPC rpms.  You want me to make
> them available?

Yes please!

> A good order is (redhat-java-rpm-scripts), junit, jaf, jakarta-regexp,
> cup, xerces-j, commons-logging, commons-collections, servletapi,
> javamail, bcel, commons-beanutils, commons-fileupload, xalan-j,
> commons-digester, ant, mx4j, (mysql-jdbc), struts, commons-modeler and
> tomcat.  Ones in brackets are noarch, so you can probably use the
> existing binary packages without rebuilding.

Thanks all for your support, as soon as they are available I'm gonna get
right on this.

PS: it's for PPC not PPC64

Ray

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-13 22:05           ` Paul Nasrat
From: Paul Nasrat @ 2003-11-13 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-list

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 04:58:21PM -0500, Ray Auge wrote:

> > They are i386 rpms, though we do build PPC rpms.  You want me to make
> > them available?
>
> Yes please!

Make that two yes's. Yumable too please :)

Paul

* Re: [naoko] Updated ant, and fun with yum
@ 2003-11-13 22:24 ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2003-11-13 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Benson; +Cc: rhug-rhats

Gary Benson wrote:

> I just updated Naoko again with a new ant package which has a load of
> optional tasks built; it now has every task that we are able to build.
>
> The new tasks are antlr, cab, cccheckin, cccheckout, ccmcheckin,
> ccmcheckintask, ccmcheckout, ccmcreatetask, ccmreconfigure,
> ccuncheckout, ccupdate, csc, depend, echoproperties, icontract, ilasm,
> jarlib-available, jarlib-display, jarlib-manifest, javacc, jjtree,
> jlink, jpcoverage, jpcovmerge, jpcovreport, jspc, maudit, mimemail,
> mmetrics, mparse, propertyfile, pvcs, renameext, replaceregexp, rpm,
> serverdeploy, setproxy, soscheckin, soscheckout, sosget, soslabel,
> stylebook, test, translate, vssadd, vsscheckin, vsscheckout, vsscp,
> vsscreate, vssget, vsshistory, vsslabel, wljspc, wsdltodotnet, and
> xmlvalidate.
>
> I also yumified the repository, so you can get the packages with yum.
> I have no idea how, though ;)
>
> Naoko is a subset of the RHUG packages that have been repackaged for
> eventual inclusion in Red Hat Linux, basically Ant, Tomcat, and their
> dependencies.  The packages are built for Red Hat Linux 9 and are
> available at http://people.redhat.com/gbenson/naoko/.

Wish me luck, I'm finally going to see if I can get that gcc srpm to
build on Cygwin (yea, I'm masochist).

Cheers,
Nicholas