public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* Naoko tomcat fails with a signal 11 on /etc/init.d/tomcat start on Fedora 1
@ 2004-02-08  2:26 Chris Croome
From: Chris Croome @ 2004-02-08  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

Hi

I have installed most of the rpms from here:

  http://people.redhat.com/gbenson/naoko/i386/

On a Fedora 1 box and I'm having a couple of problems.

The first one being that tomcat won't start:

  # /etc/init.d/tomcat start
  Starting tomcat: tomcat: killed with signal 11
                                                           [FAILED]

There is nothing written to /var/log/tomcat/ and I'm not sure what
to try next, I haven't edited anything in /etc/tomcat/

Any ideas?

(I'm new to Java stuff so I might be doing (or not doing) something
daft...)

Also I have tried to install all the naoko rpms but have had some
depandency problems and there are some I haven't installed:

  error: Failed dependencies:
        postgresql-jdbc-tomcat is needed by tomcat-test-4.1.27-8.ent.2

I'm using postgres from here:

  ftp://ftp2.uk.postgresql.org/sites/ftp.postgresql.org/binary/v7.4.1/fedora/fedora-core-1/

Is there somewhere better to get postgres from that would resolve
this?

Thanks

Chris

--