public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* auto* versions
@ 2003-01-30  2:24 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2003-01-30  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

I noticed the top-level rhug Makefile.in was built using automake 1.5.
That is an obsolete version, and an unfortunately buggy one at that.
Let's standardize on something newer, like 1.7.2.  What do you think?

Tom

* Re: auto* versions
@ 2003-01-30  6:01 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2003-01-30  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: rhug-rhats

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 18:16, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I noticed the top-level rhug Makefile.in was built using automake 1.5.
> That is an obsolete version, and an unfortunately buggy one at that.
> Let's standardize on something newer, like 1.7.2.  What do you think?

I suppose we could try.  To be honest, I'm afraid to touch any of this
because it seems so fragile (we're using a hacked libtool, for
instance).  I may have some time in the next week to try this.

My plan was to not touch any of this until your new build tool was
ready.  half-:-)

AG