public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* Post request with gcj and tomcat
@ 2002-06-17 11:47 Christophe Roux
From: Christophe Roux @ 2002-06-17 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: green; +Cc: rhug-rhats

I contacted Anthony Green about a problem with servlet using tomcat and gcj.
As it seems it can interest the community, I send this mail.
My goal is simple : I want to send a POST Http request from one servlet to an
other.
I developed two small servlets M1 and M2 in order to test why it does not
work so easily.
The M1 servlet wait for the second M2 which never answers.
After a few investigations it appears that the
piece of the puzzle is gnu.gcj.protocol.http.Connection.
Reading it, I found something strange : it is as if the class uses a
ServerSocket for doing it's buziness; it starts with writing the header of
the
request, then tries to "getHttpHeader", then looks for InpuStream and then
OutputStream.
In fact, it should first write the header, then wait for a getOutputStream
and then a getInputStream.
I am not very easy with Sockets so I do not know how it works, but I think
options should tell if input is before or after output.
I hope I can help you to discover what happens.
Bye
Christophe Roux

* Re: Post request with gcj and tomcat
@ 2002-06-17 12:06 Christophe Roux