Hi Frank, I am facing new error in the same building process. I am sending an bmp file as an attachement please have a look. Regards, Ashutosh -----Original Message----- From: Frank Ch. Eigler [mailto:fche@redhat.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 1:09 AM To: Ashutosh Vyas Cc: SID public developers Subject: Re: building error in SID with eCos , using cygwin Hi - > I had tried to build the tree with option "--disable-shared". But it is > still sending the same error message. Nothing has proceeded more with this. Ah, interesting. It looks like include/sidso.h should honour static-only compilation for cygwin and disable those DLLEXPORT/DLLIMPORT macros. Would you try changing the associated lines of sidso.h to // #ifdef __CYGWIN__ // #define DLLEXPORT __declspec(dllexport) // #define DLLIMPORT __declspec(dllimport) // #else #define DLLEXPORT #define DLLIMPORT // #endif and try again (still with --disable-shared)? All this is just to get you working until we have time to understand the original dll-related error message. - FChE