Hi, I m trying to debug and run some embedded programs using the sid. i have built ARM development tools..on cygwin..following are the tools used: binutils 2.10.1 gcc-2.95.2 insight-5.1 ecos v 2.0 well, here insight uses Tcl-Tk 8.0 libraries. and the sid uses Tcl-Tk 8.3 libraries..(well i couldn't install SID on Tcl-Tk 8.0 libraries.) now, my sid still works..i m able to sun the arm-elf-sid command and the system monitor window opens.. this is done using : arm-elf-sid --board=pid7t-normalmap --gdb=2000 -tksm -EL & after this when i execute arm-elf-gdb hello.x(compiled using arm-elf-gcc by linking with the ecos librarys) this command simply skips and the command prompt is displayed..instead of the arm-elf debugger window being invoked. what could be the problem..? satish T Satish Kumar Design Engineer SANYO, JAPAN.