To run, first read through setup.sh, and make sure it won't do anything you don't want it to do on your system. Then set the values of src_gcc, src_src, and dst_root, and run setup.sh. The script will rsync the checked-out gcc and src sources into a new directory, apply the patches, and run autoreconf on all the appropriate directories. I've built directory on i386-unknown-linux-gnu native, targetted to powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, and natively on i686-pc-cygwin (I got some errors building winsup on cygwin, but they were the same errors I got from the unmodified sources). I've *not* run extensive tests on the resulting builds --- I'm willing to do that, but it seemed a bit early at this stage. I did not attempt to make the patches compatible with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.5x --- I suspect that would be a significant challenge, and converting to automake-1.7 and autoconf-2.5x was difficult enough.