Hi - On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:31:45AM +0100, Mathieu Lacage wrote: : [...] : Because I am trying to avoid launching my vmware/win2k/arm simulator, I : decided to try to use sid to run a hello-world with eCos... : : I built an eCos kernel for the INTEGRATOR ARM development card. Then, I : built a hello world with: : arm-elf-gcc -I/infinite/ecos/ecos/test_install/include : -L/infinite/ecos/ecos/test_install/lib -Ttarget.ld main.c -o main : : I got a 1.3 MB elf binary which I tried to run in sid (yesterday's CVS) : with: : arm-elf-sif main : which gave: : bash$ arm-elf-sid -EL main : Fault (memory, 0x1a000004) pc=0x8048 : [...] Right. This happens because the simulator was not asked to configure itself for a model of the "Integrator" board. By default, it provides a simple process model, with little in the way of simulated hardware peripherals. The SID component (model) library includes parts for several ARM flavour peripherals: they were built to model the old ARM PID development board. To the extent that this "Integrator" board is similar, you may make use of the components by "--board=pid7t" and related options. Simulation for different boards involves assembling models for all the required parts, and configuring sid to use them: this can be a small or big job. For a taste, try running sid arm-pid-redboot-tksm.conf (find named file under $prefix/share/sid; it explains its own origins) then telnet to localhost:5000 (or connect gdb to localhost:5000; can upload a RAM-startup eCos program). This configuration brings up the PID board simulation, preloads an older RedBoot ROM image. RedBoot shows a command line on uart1, which is connected to TCP port 5000. A little tcl/tk gui also appears, so you can monitor/interact-with the simulation as it's proceeding. - FChE