Hi - On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 12:48:55PM +0100, Robert Cragie wrote: > [...] > Adding the -normalmap argument worked - thanks. I will point this out on the > eCos mailing list, as the default sid flags for the RAM build won't work. This may not concern (interest) the eCos guys. SID can do a better job of emulating the RAM startup environment that eCos expects. This "normalmap" option is just one possibility. Another one is to actually run a copy of RedBoot or cygmon or whatever on SID. Then you can upload your application via a simulated serial port, making it look to gdb etc. much more like it was a real board. > Next step is to try to work out why printf() doesn't work, however this > seems to be an eCos issue. However, while I'm here, can you tell me how the > serial ports work on the simulation (i.e. what happens when I write a > character), or point me at some appropriate docs.? For the pid7t configuration, sid models two uarts. The arm-elf-sid script can take options to let you tell it how you'd like these simulated uarts to be connected to the real world. This is done with more --board options. For example "--board=pid7t-uart1:stdio-uart2:3000" would connect the simulated uart1 to the simulator's console, and uart2 to a tcp (listening) socket at port 3000. One can also add a tk-based terminal window, or add one after startup if using tksm. > > Please be aware that in your given mode, sid is attempting to > > emulate a board just after powerup. If your application assumes that it's > > being loaded by an already-running monitor, such mismatches need to be > > corrected some way. > > I think I misunderstood the way the gloss component works - I guess it's > more like an on-chip ICE than a debug monitor. I suspect that the sid gloss component proper (simulated system calls) is not even used in these configurations. If you mean the usual simulator debugging interface, then yes, that's right. - FChE