Hi - On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:05:59PM +0100, Robert Cragie wrote: > I read in the SID Faq-O-Matic that SID has been used with an HDL Simulator. > Can anyone give me more details on what work was done here There was a prototype sid component that, in conjunction with a special startup shell, interfaced a Synopsis HDL model of some peripheral to a running SID model of an encompassing computer. It was a little prototype of a specialized protocol bridge. It worked okay, from what I recall. > and if it is likely to be included in the open source project? This is unlikely. A baby prototype dealing with a third-party proprietary tool would not help an open-source project. :-( > Or give me some pointers as to how I might go about developing 'proxy' > components which would interact with an HDL simulator? The size of such bridging code may not be too large, provided that one designs a decent mapping between the SID and HDL abstractions. Issues to consider involve whether a slave/master or peer-to-peer relationship is more appropriate; embedding one sim within another vs. running separately; how/whether to synchronize simulated time; configuration & startup. What do you have in mind? - FChE