Hi - On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 06:05:31PM +0000, Cristiano Pereira wrote: > Can one run SID configured with multiple processors? Two processors for > instance? [...] Sure. sid was designed to provide models as modular as integrated circuits are. Conceptually, one replicates pieces that represent unshared hardware (CPU, memory, whatever) to give them all distinct names/types/connections. One challenge is configuring the non-hardware modules: those parts that relate to debugging, program loading, host I/O, scheduling. This can get complicated because of the number of degrees of freedom. It is simpler for a homogenous SMP system, where almost everything is shared. The public sid/bsp/configrun-sid script doesn't know how to construct such configurations automatically, but we have a newer C++-based configuration generator written by Graydon Hoare that does know how. If there is interest, we can try pushing it out to sourceware sooner rather than later. - FChE