public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
To: bemis <bemis@iol.unh.edu>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com, clp <clp@iol.unh.edu>
Subject: Re: 64 to 32 truncation problems on alpha
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi -

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:46:09AM -0500, bemis wrote:
> we are building sid because it is in the toolchain in the uberbaum
> toolchain.

It is in the uberbaum CVS repository, but not part of any CVS module
other than "sid".  So if you check out (say) gcc, binutils, gdb modules
from uberbaum rather than the whole thing, you'll have a relevant subset
for a native toolchain.  Unless you have an interest in sid, I recommend
simply removing it from your source tree.

> this build was on alphaev67 with the bootstrap-gcc_3.2 baseline.
> we had previous build errors, but those look like they have been fixed.

Right.

> now we are getting this new error on alpha.
> c++ [...]
> ../../component/cgen-cpu/.libs/libcgencpu.a(arm-sem.o)(.rodata+0x1ec):
> relocation truncated to fit: GPREL32 *UND*
> [...]

Sorry, I don't have much insight into this.
I would expect there to be some compiler or linker option
that makes such object files tolerable.

- FChE