Hi - > I am new in the field of eCos RTOS. I am trying to build the SID for eCos > and I am getting the following error , if anybody can help me , that will be > so nice of you. [...] One easy thing to try is to configure your build tree with the additional option "--disable-shared". > components.cxx:188: error:external linkage reqiuired for symbol 'const > sid:component_library x86_component_library ' because of 'dllexport' > attribute Odd message - that symbol is declared with "extern" nearby. What exactly compiler / cygwin version were you using? - FChE