Hi - > >OK, but did you consider an alternate of having a memory target that > >is unable to handle an unaligned access return sid::bus::misaligned, > >and then have gdb back down to byte-by-byte access? > > > I thought about the possibility of fixing existing memory targets to > handle misaligned access, either by implementing support, returning > sid::bus::misaligned, or whatever else might be appropriate. How many offenders (that did neither) did you encounter? > However it occurred to me that this would require implementors of all > future memory targets to be aware of potential GDB access of this > type. [...] True, except that such accesses could originate elsewhere - a simulated CPU, or a gloss component, for example. - FChE