Hi - > > Plus sid is not as well known, and some people have expressed > > reservations about Red Hat retaining its copyright over the > > core of the software. > > BTW, we'll have to resolve the copyright issue for the CRISv32 > sid port and assorted components to be merged. [...] > Is there a defined path for contributing to SID without copyright > assignment to Red Hat? Can this be solved? We have been taking contributions to sid and cgen without formal copyright assignment: your copyright would just get added to the list. CGEN needs to be modified to be taught this, to avoid the rubber-stamping of "Copyright (C) Red Hat" in sid-bound generated files. > (I thought such a > path was in progress of being defined a year ago or so, or sid > copyright assigned to the FSF or suchlike.) [...] That was for eCos, a process which sadly appears stalled. - FChE