public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* bochs
@ 2005-07-03 14:40 moris dong
From: moris dong @ 2005-07-03 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Friends,
I'd like to run a test using Bochs, but I could not find documentation of
how to use it with SID.
My questions are very basic (assuming I already generated the board with
configrun-sid --cpu=x86):
1. Can I run a full Linux OS with bochs and SID?
2. Can I run a single x86 executable with Bochs and SID?
3. What compile options must I use to generate an executable suitable for
running with Bochs ? (short example is welcome)

Thanks in advance :)

Moris

* Re: bochs
@ 2005-07-04 16:51 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2005-07-04 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moris dong; +Cc: sid

Hi -

> [...]
> 1. Can I run a full Linux OS with bochs and SID?
> 2. Can I run a single x86 executable with Bochs and SID?
> 3. What compile options must I use to generate an executable suitable for
> running with Bochs ? (short example is welcome)

I'll ask the fellow who pulled a bochs snapshot into sid.  I believe
the main test method was running eCos applications - i386-elf embedded
targets.  I seem to recall that Linux did in fact boot up on it at one
time, but that must have been with some hand-made sid configuration
file.

> Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee?

By the way, please consider switching to an email service that does
not deface your outgoing messages with such advertisement/spam.

- FChE

* Re: bochs
@ 2005-07-07 18:51 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2005-07-07 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)