Hi - On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:10:16PM +0200, Onno Kortmann wrote: > [...] > I have now debugged it (somehow the backtrace was of no help, lacked symbols > and was messed up - so I got to this location iteratively!) until this line > in compConfig.cxx: > > bool > cfgroot_component::register_dso(const string& dso_name, const string& > _symbol_name) > { > lt_dlhandle dl_handle = 0; > > // Try ordinary dynamic linking > dl_handle = lt_dlopen(dso_name.c_str()); <-------- Try recompiling the whole thing with "CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g". It may help explain why lt_dlopen failed, if perhaps something is wrong with dso_open. Another fall-back option is to configure with "--disable-shared", which will link in component libraries right into the sid binary. > I installed sid with the default prefix into /usr/local. I added > /usr/local/sid/sidcomp to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a test - this did > not help. [...] sid tries to locate its component shared libraries using several means, including the SID_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable, and the location of its own executable. Because of the latter, it should just work without additional environment settings. - FChE