Hi - On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 08:37:41PM +0100, Michael Ambrus wrote: > I'm new to sid and I'm having some problems building the project from > CVS sources. Welcome! > My first attempt was with a cross-compiler which worked. except that > the I couldn't get the simulation to work properly (when setting CPU > registers in the simulated code and then queried the same with GDB, > the registers would still have the value 0). Are you sure you had gdb connected properly (target remote ...) and all? Which target? > I thought if not setting --target, it would make it work better. Actually, that should not improve this situation. > The documentation says that if --target is not set, sid will try to > build all the available CPU's. That's correct. > What I'm not clear about is if one needs a cross compilers or not, and > in the case one does - would that be for every possible CPU sid > supports? No, we don't run cross-compilers during a sid build. Only in order to build programs that run on the various cpu models would one need them. > [...] > A list of supported main architectures would be helpful. See the sid/components/CATALOG file. > Hers comes the lines where the build breaks: > make[4]: *** No rule to make target `sh64-elf-sid', needed by `all-am'. > The ChangeLog mentions 'sh-elf-sid,sh5-elf-sid,sh64-elf-sid: New > files' so I'm guessing the files were just not committed yet. That's probably right, it must be an oversight. - FChE