Hi - On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:44:54AM +0100, Michael Ambrus wrote: > [...] The target tried was i386-hixs-elf (hixs is a layer that > replaces the syscalls with "hooked" versions - i.e. function > pointers). I haven't worked with x86 for years, so it might be me > forgetting something (protected mode stuff?). OK, you should be able to use --target=i386-elf and not bother with all the other targets. Since the i386 model is an import from BOCHS, its integration with the other facilities (i.e., remote debugging) in sid may not have been quite right. Try running sid in a highly verbose mode - with particular attention to the gdb-interface component. - FChE