public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
To: "Aurélien Buhrig" <Aurelien.Buhrig@tiempo-ic.com>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: component_library object not found in lib
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:45:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi -

> DLLEXPORT extern const component_library tam16family_component_library;
> const component_library tam16family_component_library = { ... };

This looks fine.

> I had no particular problem adding the interrupt controller. But things go
> wrong when adding a second peripheral (timer).

Do you mean that the same component_library file worked when you had
only one component type supported in list_types etc., but didn't load
when more are available in the source?

> At the configuration, this error occurs: dlsym of
> tam16family_component_library in component library dso
> libtam16family.la failed: sid: undefined symbol:
> tam16family_component_library

You could try
   env LD_DEBUG=all sid ...

My guess is that there is a typo in your source code that allowed the
.so to be built with an undefined external reference.  That in turn
can cause the .so to fail to load, even if the
tam16_family_component_library symbol itself was there.

- FChE