This new patch replaces the previous one and addresses some of the concerns below.... Frank Ch. Eigler wrote: >Hi - > > > >>The attached patch adds logging support for sid components in 3 stages: >>[...] >> >> > >Looks fine - good use of virtual inheritance. A few minor things >I might have done differently: > >- make a new component type for named file I/O, instead of > changing sid-io-stdio; after all, stdio is bidirectional, > meant to be interactive > New component: sid-io-fileio >- think of some other way to call stdout than "*" > Used "-" as originally intended and suggested by bje >- make logging output buffering dependent on an attribute (set as the last > gasp of configuration) instead of pin-connectedness > Done >- having a C++ flavour API (instead of printf()) for the logging function > A project for someone's copious spare time. OK to commit? Dave