Hi, Some sid components don't support misaligned reads/writes. The current cache components are the example which caused my particular problem. They punt on misaligned reads/writes, presumably so that they don't have to worry about accesses which cross cache line boundaries. This causes a problem when GDB attempts to read memory at unaligned addresses. This patch to gdb::process_get_mem and gdb::process_set_mem forces any unaligned requests to use the existing byte-at-a-time method. I've committed this patch. Let me know if there are any problems. Dave