Hello, About a month ago, Morris Dong asked about modelling bus contention and stalls. At that time, I promised that I would submit some work that I have done in that area. Apologies for taking so long, but here it is. Attached to this message you will find: o A description of the notion of a blockable component in SID o An overview of the implementation of the sidutil::blocking_component mix-in class o A description of a blocking cache component implementation o A description and skeletal example of a blocking cpu implementation o A description of a new virtual base class: sidutil::bus_arbitrator for implementing bus arbitrator components o A patch which implements all of the above and fixes some bugs I noticed while completing the work This patch has been tested using an internal port which, unfortunately can not be submitted at this time. However, it would appear that this infrastructure is of interest and possible use to folks like Morris. As always, comments, suggestions and questions are welcome. I am seeking approval to commit this work. Dave