This patch is tested only for ARM target on cygwin with gcc 3.4.4, binutils 2.16.91. I'd like to check in this patch to cvs, but somehow connection timeout every time. Could anyone do me this favor? There is to issues within this tarball: 1. the "PIC" issue (libiberty/) "PICFLAG = -fPIC" instead of "PICFLAG =", otherwise some dependency errors appeared. this issue need someone to take care of dependency stuff. 2. the "dllexport" issue (sid/component/) -extern const component_library audio_component_library; +DLLEXPORT extern const component_library audio_component_library; -const component_library audio_component_library DLLEXPORT = +const component_library audio_component_library = it seems that there is still room for gcc improvement. btw, the two lines source code could be condensed as DLLEXPORT extern const component_library audio_component_library = refer to http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00672.html Have fun~