public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Some basic doubts : How can I port SID to a different processor?
@ 2004-02-24 10:19 ashwani
From: ashwani @ 2004-02-24 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

I am new to this SID. I got the code and configured for arm processor.
It is able to work on hello.c program.It is working fine.

But
	I am not able to see the insn clock or hardware performance. How can I
view these?

	 How can I port SID to a different processor?

And	Is SID right tool for CPU simulation?

Thanking you,
Ashwani.

* Re: Some basic doubts : How can I port SID to a different processor?
@ 2004-02-24 11:10 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2004-02-24 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi

ashwani <ashwani@isofttech.com> writes:

> But
> 	I am not able to see the insn clock or hardware performance. How can I
> view these?

You could view the instruction clock by monitoring pin events on the
cpu's step! pin, but why would you want to do this?  It would just
slow the simulation down.

> 	 How can I port SID to a different processor?

You need to write a CPU component, modelled on the other CPU
components in sid/component/cpu.  You may wish to use CGEN to ease the
workload.

> And	Is SID right tool for CPU simulation?

Absolutely!

Ben