public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Supported boards and adding new.
@ 2007-02-08 22:29 Kevin Wilson
From: Kevin Wilson @ 2007-02-08 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Is there a list somewhere of the supported boards for SID? Also, is there a decent howto for adding new boards to the sim, I couldn't find one?

Thanks a million,

Kevin

* Re: Supported boards and adding new.
@ 2007-02-13 19:25 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-02-13 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Wilson; +Cc: sid

Hi -

> Is there a list somewhere of the supported boards for SID?

I don't know of a single list.  The bin/configrun-sid.pl perl script
and the main/dynamid/*.cxx code are the two places where board concept
is embodied.

> Also, is there a decent howto for adding new boards to the sim [...]

The outline is easy: pick all the component models (component type
names), memory map(s) (address ranges for RAM, peripherals), and on
the choice of software-oriented models (debugging, profiling
interfaces).  Then, either the perl- or C++-based front-ends should be
easily extended with such data for a new board.

- FChE