public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
From: fche@redhat.com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
To: Stefano Gallina <warx_sg@yahoo.com>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Sid building under Linux ok...but... Help
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Stefano Gallina <warx_sg@yahoo.com> writes:

> I built Sid under Linux but when i type the command
> arm-elf-sid i got the message : bad bash command or
> something like that.
> [...]

The details are important: please send what you typed and what the
error messages were.

Once installed, arm-elf-sid is a shell script that in turn runs a perl
script, which in turn runs the sid executable.  Your machine may be
lacking a perl interpreter - you need to get one.  (Well, now that
Graydon Hoare's sid/main rewrite has been posted, it's possible to
adapt existing sid configuration ports like arm-elf to use it, so no
shell/perl scripts would be involved.  Future work.)

By the way, have you succeeded in building eCos and your ARM program
yet?  Depending on details, you may be able to use the supplied sid
configuration files and run sid.exe directly instead of going through
the shell/perl frontends.

- FChE