* New Release of HTML Parser (ASP Support)
@ 2002-01-01  9:53 Khamis Abuelkomboz
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz @ 2002-01-01  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source-Navigator Group

 Hi All,

The new release of the HTML Parser supports ASP scripts (HTML, JScript and VBScript).
(See http://oimanager.de/sn.htm for more information)

1. Internet Development
The following parsers extend the list of Source-Navigator languages to support highlighting HTML, XML and Property Files. This Extension including the Source-Navigator JAVA parser is in my opinion essential for easy and powerful development.

New! supports ASP (Java Script and VBScript).

The new release of this parser combines the three parsers (html, vbscript and jscript) to provide full support for ASP files based on both languages.

     The parser understands the routine <%LANGUAGE="SCRIPT LANGUAGE"%>, based on this information the parser determines the language is being parsed in the brackets <%...%>.

      Default (when this routine fails) is VBSCRIPT

     It also understands the routine <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=" SCRIPT LANGUAGE"> and switches automatically parsering the correct language.

      Default for <SCRIPT> (when LANGUAGE option fails) is JSCRIPT.

     <%..%> within strings are also parsed for the actual language.

     functions and subs (in vbscript) are added to the symbol list.

     <SCRIPT> and <%..%> are supported in continues combinations

     IMPORTANT! you need to download the three parsers:

      html.exe, jscript.exe and vbas.exe

      including hyper.exe,  sn_prop.cfg and sninit.tcl (see below for installation instructions)

     See Screen shot

1.1 HTLM-Parser
     Installation

       Step 1

    replace/copy hyper.exe html.exe into <SN>/bin

    edit <SN>/share/etc/sn_prop.cfg and add the following lines:

    # html
    sn_add_parser html \
            -suffix {*.htm *.html *.xml} \
            -brow_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/html \
            -high_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/html

    or download sn_prop.cfg

       Step 2

    Edit <SN>/share/sourcenav/gui/sninit.tcl in SN5.0

    and replace following line

    OR

    download sninit.tcl

     Notice: You need to download hyper.exe to allow auto highlighting

     Screen Shot

1.2 JScript Parser
You need this parser in combination with the html parser (ASP support).

     Installation

      1. copy hyper.exe and jscript.exe into <SN>/bin

      2. Edit <SN>/share/etc/sn_prop.cfg and add the following lines:

      # JScript
      sn_add_parser jscript  \
         -suffix {*.js *.jscript} \
         -brow_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/jscript \
         -high_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/jscript

      or copy sn_prop.cfg to <SN>/share/etc/sn_prop.cfg

      3. copy sninit.tcl into <SN>/share/sourcenav/gui/sninit.tcl

1.3 Properties Parser
     Installation

1.     Copy prop.exe into <SN>/bin

2.     Edit <SN>/share/etc/sn_prop.cfg and add the following lines:

# html
sn_add_parser prop \
   -suffix {*.htm *.html *.xml} \
   -brow_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/prop \
   -high_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/prop

or download sn_prop.cfg

     Screen Shot

2 Visual Basic Parser
Visual Basic is widely used and I found to make a new parser for this language will let a lot of people benefit of having Source-Navigator supporting it.

Visual Studio is actually good enough to go and write a parser for Visual Basic, but it lakes of analysis base.

The Parser now is case insensitive.

     Download for Windows Platforms: hyper.exe vbas.exe

     Installation

    1. Copy hyper.exe and vbas.exe into <SN>/bin

    2. Edit <SN>/share/etc/sn_prop.cfg and add the following lines:

    # Visual Basic
    sn_add_parser vbas \
         -suffix {*.cls *.frm *.bas} \
         -brow_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/vbas \
         -high_cmd $sn_path(bindir)/vbas

    or download sn_prop.cfg

    3. Edit <SN>/share/sourcenav/gui/sninit.tcl in SN5.0

    and replace following line

    << sninit.tcl: set sn_options(sys,builtin-highlighting) {c++ java tcl chill python html}
    with