* Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08  7:39 PeacefulWarrior
From: PeacefulWarrior @ 2000-09-08  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I compiled and installed SourceNav 4.5.1 on my Redhat 6.2 box. I can run
sourcenav as root but when I try to run sourcenav as a user I get:

[warrior@localhost warrior]$ snavigator
Error: invalid command name "sn_tcl_tk_init"

And it wont run. When I run it as root it works perfectly.

Please can someone help me to get it running when Im logged in as an
ordinary user.

Thanks,

John

* Re: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08  7:53 ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2000-09-08  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PeacefulWarrior; +Cc: sourcenav

PeacefulWarrior <peacefulwarrior@softhome.net> writes:

> I compiled and installed SourceNav 4.5.1 on my Redhat 6.2 box. I can run
> sourcenav as root but when I try to run sourcenav as a user I get:
>
> [warrior@localhost warrior]$ snavigator
> Error: invalid command name "sn_tcl_tk_init"
>
> And it wont run. When I run it as root it works perfectly.
>
> Please can someone help me to get it running when Im logged in as an
> ordinary user.

Apply the patches, specifically the first one:

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >

* Re: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08  8:52   ` PeacefulWarrior
From: PeacefulWarrior @ 2000-09-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Stephens; +Cc: sourcenav

I did a make clean, then applied all the 7 patches then ran configure
again and then recompiled and reinstalled. I still get exactly the same
error that I did earlier when I try to run SourceNav as an ordinary user
:-(

@ 2000-09-08  9:02     ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2000-09-08  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PeacefulWarrior; +Cc: Bruce Stephens, sourcenav

PeacefulWarrior <peacefulwarrior@softhome.net> writes:

> I did a make clean, then applied all the 7 patches then ran configure
> again and then recompiled and reinstalled. I still get exactly the same
> error that I did earlier when I try to run SourceNav as an ordinary user
> :-(

Don't know what the problem is then.  It's presumably some permissions
problem, so a quick hack would be

        chmod -R go+rX /usr/local/sourcenav

(or wherever you've installed it).

[...]

--

@ 2000-09-08  9:16     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-09-08  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, PeacefulWarrior wrote:

> I did a make clean, then applied all the 7 patches then ran configure
> again and then recompiled and reinstalled. I still get exactly the same
> error that I did earlier when I try to run SourceNav as an ordinary user
> :-(
>
> > > I compiled and installed SourceNav 4.5.1 on my Redhat 6.2 box. I can run
> > > sourcenav as root but when I try to run sourcenav as a user I get:
> > >
> > > [warrior@localhost warrior]$ snavigator
> > > Error: invalid command name "sn_tcl_tk_init"
> > >
> > > And it wont run. When I run it as root it works perfectly.
> > >
> > > Please can someone help me to get it running when Im logged in as an
> > > ordinary user.
> >
> > Apply the patches, specifically the first one:

That first patch is for a Makefile.am. You need to rerun automake
in the toplevel dir after you apply the patch. Then redo everything
else.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* R: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08 14:42       ` Netalex
From: Netalex @ 2000-09-08 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

do you  know if there's a patch dir for win?
> On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, PeacefulWarrior wrote:
>
> > I did a make clean, then applied all the 7 patches then ran configure
> > again and then recompiled and reinstalled. I still get exactly the same
> > error that I did earlier when I try to run SourceNav as an ordinary user
> > :-(

> > > Apply the patches, specifically the first one:

25-patch>

> That first patch is for a Makefile.am. You need to rerun automake
> in the toplevel dir after you apply the patch. Then redo everything
> else.
>
> Mo DeJong
> Red Hat Inc

* Re: R: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08 14:50         ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-09-08 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Netalex, sourcenav

The patches are for both unix and windows; however, you would have to
rebuild from binary.

I am getting ready to roll in the patches and do another source and binary
release.

At 07:00 PM 9/7/00 +0200, Netalex wrote:
>do you  know if there's a patch dir for win?

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-08 16:19       ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-09-08 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

At 09:16 AM 9/8/00 -0700, Mo DeJong wrote:
>On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, PeacefulWarrior wrote:
>
> > I did a make clean, then applied all the 7 patches then ran configure
> > again and then recompiled and reinstalled. I still get exactly the same
> > error that I did earlier when I try to run SourceNav as an ordinary user
> > :-(

> can run

> > > Apply the patches, specifically the first one:

> 0725-patch>
>
>That first patch is for a Makefile.am. You need to rerun automake
>in the toplevel dir after you apply the patch. Then redo everything
>else.
>
>Mo DeJong
>Red Hat Inc

The patch actually contains the changes to the Makefile.in files also.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.

* R: R: Running SourceNav
@ 2000-09-09 12:46           ` Netalex
From: Netalex @ 2000-09-09 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

tanx, i hope a binary patched will fit the problem i have running SN
(it is
                            )
> The patches are for both unix and windows; however, you would have to
> rebuild from binary.
>
> I am getting ready to roll in the patches and do another source and binary
> release.

[snip]