* inter project dependencies
@ 2001-11-14  4:22 Jordan
From: Jordan @ 2001-11-14  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi ya,

How do I make one project dependent on another?

Specifically if I create a library in one project (libproj) and an
executable in another (exeproj) that links to it, how do I make sure
that the resulting makefile checks for out of date files in libproj,
compiles them and rebuilds the library before the executable in
exeproj links to it.

Is this achieved, merely by adding the libproj project to the exeproj
project in the project editor of the latter or is this achieved in the
build settings by adding libproj.a to the list of libraries?

Regards,

J.

--
Jordan Howarth				mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO					p: (07) 3375 9632, (07) 3826 7314

         -=| For every truth there are a thousand lies |=-

* Re: inter project dependencies
@ 2001-11-14  6:17 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-11-14  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan; +Cc: sourcenav

Jordan wrote:

> Hi ya,
>
> How do I make one project dependent on another?

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this.

Ian.

@ 2001-11-14 10:50   ` Jordan
From: Jordan @ 2001-11-14 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

    >> How do I make one project dependent on another?

    Ian> Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this.

Alas I fear I have spent too long on the dark side :( In MSVC, the
term for the scope of an entire software build is a workspace which
consists of individual projects. So some projects can be libraries and
one can be the responsible for linking these in order to produce the
final executable (apologies for lessons in egg sucking). Mapping this
to SN and you have one project specifying the scope for multiple
targets, no? To me, this reflects a conventional makefile.

Assuming that this is correct, let me rephrase my earlier
question. How do I make one target depend on another in SN?

Thanks,

J.

--

@ 2001-11-21 13:33   ` Jordan
From: Jordan @ 2001-11-21 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Thornber; +Cc: sourcenav

WRT Mike Davies suggestion, Mark's observation was my own - obviously
motivated by the same things that caused "duplicate project" to be
included in SNav interface.

I think my revised request idenitifies the issue in sufficiently
unambiguous terms, free of my confusion over differences in
terminology between MSVC and SNav.

--

@ 2001-11-21  0:56 ` Mark Thornber
From: Mark Thornber @ 2001-11-21  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)